SOC Analyst / Engineer
Valencia | Spain | IT | Cyber Security | Full time
What are you going to do?
As a SOC Analyst/Engineer you are responsible for daily cybersecurity incident detection, investigation, and response. Using the tools provided, the analyst also deep dives into reported security threats and incidents and takes them all the way from identification to resolution
The role requires working in/and rotating between morning shifts (08:00 – 16:00) and afternoon shifts (13:00 – 21:00). Besides this we require the analyst to work in standby shifts as well to fulfill or 24×7 service obligations.
We are looking for a candidate who has the following:
- 3-5 Years of experience as a Security Analyst / Engineer;
- 2 years of experience working on security incident detection, investigation, and response;
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) Certification or other equivalent is preferred, such as SANS;
- Has working experience with Enterprise Security Information Event and Management (SIEM) tools and Log Management tools. Preferably, the candidate has basic knowledge and experience in Use Case Management;
- Fundamental knowledge and experience on host and network forensics;
- Basic knowledge on security technologies, such as Firewalls, Secure Web and Email Gateways, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDPS), Application Control, Sandboxing, etc;
- Working experience and/or knowledge in the following is a bonus;
- High degree of curiosity, especially in regards to incident investigation and response. The candidate is not quick in making assumptions, but rather looks deep and analyses extensively, in order to find hidden connections;
- Is a good team player who enjoys working and exchanging knowledge;
- Has a critical mindset, speaks up, and challenges processes and ideas, with the intention of improving the work and the team;
- Constantly works on improving his/her knowledge on cyber security and other business fields;
- Is proficient in the English language.
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools;
- MITRE ATT&CK Framework and Cyber Kill Chain;
- Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) solutions;
- Threat Hunting;
- Scripting language skills (Python, PowerShell).
Who are we?
Since 1998, we are among the best qualified European Managed Security Service Providers. We protect our clients by designing, implementing and maintaining an effective security policy. Our services, solutions and partners are carefully selected to ensure the highest quality. Our head office is located in Amersfoort (the Netherlands). We also have an office in Antwerp (Belgium) and an office in Valencia (Spain).
We are a team of eight and our job is to protect Kahuna customers from threats, so it can continue to provide uninterrupted services to their customers.
Our team is responsible for processes such as security monitoring, threat detection, incident response, threat intelligence, threat hunting, and vulnerability management. Part of the team is also responsible for security solutions management, support and maintenance.
Would you like more information?
Please contact Britt Koelman (Office Manager Spain), mobile: +34 6 86670368 or send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com citing ‘vacancy SOC Analyst / Engineer’.
Daniël Charmes (Recruiter)
T: +31 6 25 10 22 43