Security Support Engineer
Valencia | Spain | IT | Cyber Security| Full time
In this role, you will provide post-sales technical support on Kahuna’s vendor security portfolio (e.g. Palo Alto Networks, Cybereason, BeyondTrust, LogRhythm, Thales, Bitglass etc.). Support is delivered to End User Customers via phone, email, and web. Regularly updating support cases to record the progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required.
You will work to reproduce customer issues and qualify escalations. Some travel may be required to customer sites to assist in fault isolation and root cause analysis. You will also work with Development, Sales, Q/A, and Marketing to build positive customer experience. The role requires working in/and rotating between morning shifts (08:00 – 16:00) and afternoon shifts (13:00 – 21:00). Besides this we require the analyst to work in standby shifts as well to fulfill or 24×7 service obligations.
What are you going to do:
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are done in a timely manner
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues when needed
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base in cooperation with senior team members
- Participation in on-call duties
We are looking for a candidate who has the following:
- 2+ Years of experience as an Security Analyst / Engineer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent knowledge of English. Knowledge of any other major European language will be an advantage
- Proficient in Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Required experience with TCP/IP
- Experience in Routing & Switching (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
- Experience with Security (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
- Experience with Palo Alto, Thales (Safenet), Cybereason, is a huge benefit.
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
- Ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols is a huge plus
- High degree of curiosity, especially in regards to incident investigation and response. The candidate is not quick in making assumptions, but rather looks deep and analyses extensively, in order to find hidden connections
- Is a good team player who enjoys working and exchanging knowledge.
- Has a critical mindset, speaks up, and challenges processes and ideas, with the intention of improving the work and the team.
- Constantly works on improving his/her knowledge on cyber security and other business fields.
- Is proficient in the English language.
Who are we?
Since 1998, we are among the best qualified European Managed Security Service Providers. We protect our clients by designing, implementing and maintaining an effective security policy. Our services, solutions and partners are carefully selected to ensure the highest quality. Our head office is located in Amersfoort (the Netherlands). We also have an office in Antwerp (Belgium) and an office in Valencia (Spain).
Would you like more information?
Please contact Britt Koelman (Office Manager Spain), mob. +34 6 86670368 or send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com on the vacancy Security Support Engineer.
Daniël Charmes (Recruiter)
T: +31 6 25 10 22 43