Number 1 cause of data breaches
Research shows that 96% of organisations have given personal devices of employees access to the corporate e-mail. 9 out of 10 data breaches are caused by human error when using email. Do you notice the link?
Only a few organisations have an advanced email security policy. This makes them a target for cyber attacks such as malware, ransomware and phishing attacks to break into the corporate network and have sensitive information stolen. Today, attacks are increasingly sophisticated that standard email security is no longer effective. For this reason, there are several advanced methods to secure email communications and accounts.
Encryption of e-mail is effective to prevent unauthorized access to information in the e-mail. In addition, an E-mail Gateway is successful, if implemented as a Multi-Layered Gateway, for scanning all incoming and outgoing emails to block threats. Cloud email security is also becoming more important as more businesses migrate to a cloud or hybrid email platform. There are even more techniques to secure your email, ask one of our experts.
Below are some tips you can share with your colleagues to use email securely.
And download an infographic with tips here (button).
- Always check the sender: a strange email address is often a clue to recognize phishing. The section after the @-sign should end with the domain name. Good: email@example.com. Wrong: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Never just open any link or attachment: malicious links or attachments can contain malware such as zip, .exe, .js, .lnk, .wsf, .scr, and .jar.
- Never give out your personal information
- A password manager can be useful: it stores multiple passwords for different websites. Criminals cannot enter all your accounts with one password.
- Beware of language mistakes: phishing mails often contain language and typing errors.
- Non-personal salutation: beware of salutation as an esteemed customer or esteemed relation
- Check whether you are already an existing customer or have signed up for something, win actions, etc.?
- In case of doubt? Report it to your IT department
That is why Kahuna is the best choice:
Kahuna e-mailbeveiliging: proactief en reactief
Hiervoor kunt u op ons rekenen
- Bescherming tegen spam, phishing & ransomware attacks via e-mail
- Opzetten en afdwingen van beleid voor het delen van informatie
- 24/7 preventief beheer en snelle actie bij aanvallen vanuit de Kahuna SOC’s, onze ISO 27001 gecertificeerde digitale Meld- en Regelkamers in Amersfoort en Valencia